Verified Expert in Product Management
Adan is an expert in taking digital products from zero to one. He provides advice, management, and on-the-ground operations for everything needed to take effect from ideation to launch. He has a proven toolkit of processes and resources that are adapted to meet the needs of a product and organization.
Fractional Head of Product and Consultant
- Advised companies on digital and mobile product management, marketing, revenue channel, go-to-market strategy, user experience optimization, and interface design.
- Worked with various clients, including Freddie Mac, AARP, Brightfield, Pulse Platform, TI PEOPLE, Hook Mobile, Piñata, Icarus Lived, InformedXP, Transact Campus, and Vectorform.
- Partnered with organizations of all shapes and sizes across verticals.
Technical Product Manager for Next Generation Connected Campus Solutions
Transact Campus Inc - Product Center
- Launched Mobile Credential as a service on the Transact platform.
- Led efforts to grow the customer base by 60% in an 18-month timeframe.
- Pioneered the provisioning of a credential using Apple App Clip technology (patent pending).
- Defined the Mobile Credential product growth strategy for FYs 2022-2025.
Vice President of Product Management and Business Development
- Launched the Piñata: Make Rent Reward app on iOS and Android to respective app stores.
- Led the product design and development teams through sprint execution.
- Advanced the post-launch product roadmap to optimizing the financial health of all users.
- Drove the initiative to establish a foundational data platform to enable data-driven product decisions.
- Created the rewards experience, and led new business and partnership development to source amazing rewards.
Executive Product | Technology Advisor
Icarus Lived, Inc.
- Built the product from prototype to MVP beta launch to v1 production release.
- Developed the user experience and content strategy along with product requirements and roadmaps.
- Created a growth-marketing strategy focused on onboarding 500,000 users in the first calendar year.
- Created financial models and market comparisons for P&L, MAUs, and valuation.
- Led the product design team and user research initiatives towards the MVP.
Head of Product
- Defined and developed TI People's first customer experience human resources SaaS software product.
- Advised the CEO on the product strategy and roadmap creation.
- Set the customer-centered design strategy and developed a co-creation program.
- Worked with a multinational co-creation group to define the vision and scope of the digital HR product based on the customer's needs.
- Sourced, screened, and selected vendors and technology partners for new product development.
- Owned the digital marketing and demand generation for the new product launch.
Chief Product Officer
- Took ownership of Pulse Platform SaaS and mobile products and led the concept creation, development, and launch of product iterations and new features.
- Collaborated with C-level stakeholders to build and shepherd the product vision and priorities across the company.
- Partnered with the CTO to provide coverage on leading onshore/offshore software development and quality assurance teams.
- Oversaw the product design vision and partnered with a design lead to execution.
- Led the product design team to innovate the user experience and interface.
- Owned and maintained the near- and long-term product roadmap.
- Integrated customer discovery, usability studies, and quantitative analysis into the product development cycles.
- Directed the development and implementation of an AI-driven chatbot for the patient communication experience.
- Implemented ML models for sentiment analysis that improved the chatbot's ability to detect user emotions and respond accordingly.
- Led the integration of natural language processing capabilities with the messaging chatbot experience, improving the quality of context responses.
- Collaborated with the executive leadership to develop and refine the vision for a new product initiative.
- Developed wireframes and designs to articulate new product concepts.
- Created presentations and marketing materials for pitching new product concepts to prospective customers.
- Conducted a full market analysis to inform the direction of the concept vision and inform the marketing message.
- Pitched the product concept to prospective clients.
- Created an interactive prototype of the product concept.
Director of New Product Innovation
- Managed a team of six product managers and product designers.
- Managed teams of product developers and data scientists on new product initiatives to develop proof of concept products for AI-driven malicious ad detection and content personalization, creating the company's 1st phase of AI infrastructure.
- Developed the strategic approach to advance data analytics and led data science and engineering teams through a roadmap of identified initiatives.
- Guided the product and design teams through product road-mapping exercises to define the business's 2017 roadmap and product strategy.
- Led the implementation of large language models that improved natural language understanding and generation across the product portfolio.
Lead Consultant of Mobile Product and Digital Strategy
- Partnered with the marketing team to define the business case and go-to-market strategy.
- Collaborated with AARP advertising units to create a mobile revenue strategy.
- Established a communication strategy to promote user acquisition, increase engagement, and drive membership signups and renewals.
- Implemented a mobile payment system that seamlessly connected users to vendors and produced the infrastructure that other product lines benefited from.
- Guided an external creative agency in their efforts to flesh out the design and user experience specifications.
- Helped form a focused editorial team to develop content that reflected AARP’s social mission and the real-time feel of the app’s experience.
- Led a development team through the technical requirement definition phase to product release.
Senior Digital Portfolio Manager | Mobile Product Manager
- Led the product portfolio management for all of USA Today's core mobile and tablet applications—ensuring product managers, designers, editorial, marketing, and other key stakeholders were working in sync to execute on the digital strategy.
- Managed a new product development team in launching products such as USA Today for Apple Watch, USA Today Audio, Your Take, and Broadway’s Best.
- Partnered with revenue teams to create and implement innovative native, high-impact programmatic advertising.
- Translated growth and portfolio strategies into annual initiatives and business requirements documents for all platform products.
- Established success metrics and partnered as appropriate to evaluate success and ensure the achievement of Mobile P&L.
- Led the product management process for USA Today iOS core mobile and tablet applications.
- Partnered with product marketing to develop strategic and data-driven plans for new mobile products and features.
- Worked closely with development and design teams to structure and evolve products around an optimal-and-unified user experience.
- Translated short-term growth and product strategy into a set of annual initiatives, roadmaps, and product requirements documents. Established success metrics and evaluation process.
- Managed key stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment on timelines and business goals.
- Managed and was the point of contact for the entire lifecycle of the ideation, execution, delivery, and support of mobile applications and content management platforms for client-facing audiences.
- Led product development, implementation, and product support for strategic technology initiatives for mobile applications.
- Managed the development of iOS applications that utilized data content display, dashboards, and GPS location features.
- Supervised cross-functional teams; including directly managing a team of developers through the production process.
- Assessed the market industry and needs to develop recommendations based on mobile app best practices to strategically implement and advise partners and users on how to maximize the value of the products.
- Developed, designed, and managed teams that supported internal and external websites for DOD clients.
- Mastered multiple web software environments to support superior customer interaction and developed content that assisted in the enforcement of the client’s strategic plans.
- Managed the entire development lifecycle of web-based content management systems, performed product presentations, constructed training material, and taught courses to introduce and train organization members on the specific benefits of the technologies.
- Directed 20+ content contributors by providing project and technical guidance.
- Engaged in the creation of technical solutions and strategy development.
- Supported web technology initiatives of the United States Navy to customize products specifically to meet the client’s requirements.
Acquired 1,500 users in the first launch and UnitedHealth Group purchased the company in October of 2018.
The application experience included the ability for providers to build and publish custom digitalized care plans, track patient progress through their care plan, and enable direct communication between the two parties. The overall goal was to provide tools that better engaged the patients during their recovery process, reduce the risk of readmissions, save money, and improve the patient experience.
TI People North American Digital Marketing Strategy and Demand Generationhttp://www.ti-people.com/
Set up and executed the digital marketing strategy for entering the North American market; sourced 5,000 qualified leads.
I also created an extensive demand generation process, which identified 5,000 qualified leads from top North American companies.
AARP Now Mobile Apphttp://now.aarp.org/
Generated $4 million in new revenue via the design and launch of AARP's next-gen app—now, 1 million and YR1 downloads.
First, I partnered with the AARP marketing department to conduct and analyze market research to determine customer needs and industry opportunities. Next, I created the vision, roadmap, and identified the business goals for the AARP Now app. I then successfully pitched the concept to internal executive stakeholders and gained organizational-wide support to execute the development of the AARP Now concept.
Throughout the product development process, I managed a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, leading design and engineering teams to launch the first version of the AARP Now app.
USA Today Redesign
Grew USA Today mobile/tablet revenue by $1.6 million and boosted page views on mobile (15%), tablet (12%), and desktop (8%).
I worked with design to instill a rapid test and learn approach (new to our digital division). Each experience and functionality was tested in a lightweight design prototype that enabled quick adaptation and the ability to pivot based on the learning.
I involved the engineering team at the beginning of the process and gave them an equal seat at the table. The traditional approach was to include engineering after the first round of design was completed. This limited engineering’s input, often resulting in unrealistic design expectations and made them feel disconnected from the process.
Candidate Experience Platform
Defined the vision, created the proof of concept for TI People's first digital platform, and launched a successful pilot.
I established a co-creation process with the global HR executives (Forbes Global 2000) to define their needs for a customer experience human resources (CxHR) platform.
From numerous co-creation sessions, I created a product vision and outlined requirements for a proof of concept (POC) version of the platform. I sourced, screened, and selected vendors and technology partners to develop the product, and managed the development process. I also outlined and executed a successful pilot of the POC with the participation of 20 current and prospective customers, to gain feedback and insights to evolve the POC into a scalable, production-ready platform. I collaborated with TI People executives to define a go-to-market strategy and a detailed pricing model. Throughout the co-creation and pilot process, I led the effort to create all marketing documentation and collateral, as well as structure the virtual and in-person events to support the initiative.
Advancement of Brightfield's Services Procurement Model
Created Jobs-to-be-Done framework for Services Procurement and led product advancement of Services Procurement module.
Master of Business Administration Degree in Marketing
University of Maryland - College Park, MD, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Communications
West Virginia University - Morgantown, WV, USA
Machine Learning Foundations for Product Managers
Duke University | via Cousera
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring